National Junior League 25th April 2010

With this being our first meeting of the season, we continued from last season with the lack of support from our female athletes, which once again is not acceptable when you see on training nights there are more than enough to fill the team sheet. We can always fill the mens team so this is were majority of the points come from, so for us to finish in 3rd place in our first meeting was a excellent result, wth the limited athletes we had.

For all those athletes who competed for me whether you did one event or more, you all worked together as a team as you always do and it is great to see that, we were missing athletes who had injuries so once they are back in the team we should be even stronger,we have always done very well in this league and hopefully will continue to do so.

We did have excellent performances on the day which made it a good day of athletics to watch.

I would like to say thank you to all those who officiated for me, also to Ruth Forrester who looked after the team sheet while I was timekeeping, as unfortunately this is another area were points are lost by not having enough officials we lost 10 points by not having a track official at the meeting, and I know last year we lost a match in this league by officials points, so anyone reading this if they would like to help not only in this league but others as well please see me.

Lastly I would like to thank all those who came and supported us on the day.