Endurance Training Day - Saturday 23rd October

On Saturday 23rd October we're having a training day with Bud Baldaro and Nick Anderson. Bud is one of the National Endurance Coaches and had five athletes at the European Athletics Champs in Barcelona, and currently has 3 athletes at the Commonwealths. Nick is extremely knowledgable and coaches some of the countries best runners - Andy Vernon and Ben Moreau being out at the Commonwealths right now.

The day will be hosted at Hadley Stadium, Smethwick, B66 4ND (entrance on Wilson Road).

Plan:

9.15 - 9.30 Arrive
9.30 - 10.30 Discussion with Nick and Bud on Volume of sessions and progression from Autumn to Winter
10.30 Run up to Warley Woods for off road session
Shower and Lunch
1.00-3.00 Discussion about Andy Vernon's training followed by core, strength and conditioning, drills and their relevance and feasibility, how they affect running efficiency, etc.

The day is open to members from any club. We're aiming the day at Juniors and Seniors mainly, but anyone over about 16 is more than welcome, athletes and coaches, male and female alike. There'll be plenty of chance to quiz Nick on anything we don't cover.

I know it's the day before the Birmingham Half so those athletes could just run easy instead of a session.

The day will be paid for by the Bryan Clifton Fund (including lunch). Bryan Clifton was Tipton's Men's Team Manager for many years and did a huge amount for the club. The fund was set up when he passed away in 2000 and is there to help improve endurance running.

Please do support the day and if you can't make all of it then some is fine. We're doing this to try and help improve endurance running in the Midlands.

Please contact me for more info and to let me know if you can make it.
Thanks
Mike Buntin
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
07779 297489