Midland Track & Field League (05/05/2012)

Update....Tuesday 8th May......Marg confirms we were 3rd placed team on the day, Men 2nd & Women 4th. 

Official Results inc. Team Results

Well this season we need to push hard to get promoted, but with athletes not turning out and doing other meetings this will never happen unless we can get full teams for the remaining 3 meetings, we do have the athletes to fill the teams so there is no reason why this cannot be done as I know athletes complain we are in a low division but without your help and support we will never get promoted.

Pos. Club Points
1 Worcester A.C. 439
2 Leamington C & A.C. 343
3 Tipton Harriers 281
4 D.A.S.H. 235
5 Solihull & Small Heath A.C. 205
6 Abingdon A.C. 200

Now I will get back to the meeting, as we had gaps in both teams we lost a lot of points through this, and once again athletes were doing maximum events,I have total admiration for the athletes doing this but we do have enough athletes in our club to compete in the events that had to be filled by athletes who really do not specialize in the events they covered.

The athletes that competed on the day were fantastic as usual you all gave 100% and I would like to thank you all for competing for me, as conditions were not the best for a Track and Field competition.

As majority of athletes know me, they know I never mention any athletes performance this is because it is a TEAM event and no matter what anyone competes in everyone is part of the TEAM and I think it should always be that way.

I would like to thank all those who helped officiate on the day, we do fall down on officials, so if anyone would like to help please see me, as it is not ideal for athletes to officiate if they are competing as well.

Lastly if any athlete is chosen to compete and they are not available on the day please contact me or Sue Davies as I am the Team Manager and Sue is my assistant it is frustrating to find out that I dont know if there has been changes or athletes have been entered without me knowing. as I may have put an athlete in myself, then this would cause a problem my phone number is 07813 961760, or Sue 07557 998597.

Yours in Sport

Marg + Sue

SENIOR TRACK + FIELD TEAM MANAGERS

Check out the feedback on this thread on the forum. Individual event performances are also listed here