Parkrun Round Up (05/04/2015)

We had a strong turnout at Wolverhampton this week.  Simon Cooper reports on the action,

Yesterday saw a good turn out for Tipton Harriers at Wolverhampton in preparation for the National Road Relays at Sutton Park. The winner Tom Holden was showing some good form again running 16:26 on what was a dull overcast morning with drizzle. In second place was the ever improving Dean Bate who has only been with the club a short time but has definitely made his mark within the club running yet another p.b of 16:39. In 5th place another good athlete Sean Barnsley also ran a parkrun best of 17:05.  In 7th place saw Paul Rogers cross the line in 17:35 showing good form only a few seconds off his parkrun p.b. Paul has been with the club a long time and his achievements have been astounding. Then in 17:37 I crossed the line myself in 8th place taking around 12 seconds off my parkrun best, the training looks as though it's starting to pay off and I am hoping to go sub 17 min. In 12th place Zabie Hassan ran 18:07 showing good consistency. Lynn Hill had an excellent run in 18:53 the second lady on the day in 17th position, just 2 seconds off her park run best. Joanne Acha also ran a new parkrun best of 22:46 finishing in 58th . Tipton shot and discus thrower Mat West saw the completion of the tipton athletes out yesterday finishing 110th in 25:45 well done Mat great effort .

Wolverhampton Results.  We also had runners out at Cannon Hill and Walsall.