WMYA XC League (20/11/2017)

Sam Hale writes,

We had a wonderful day at Warley Woods at our home fixture. I’d like to say a big thank you to the army of Tipton friends and family who turned up to set up the course and marshal. You were fantastic and we’ve had a good response from other clubs and the league.

It was a great turnout from our committed athletes. You were Swift and Eager and I was very proud of you all.   Pictured below is our team of volunteers - plus a few of the athletes who photo-bombed us!

WMYAXC 2017 11 19

There were some problems with the results on the day and I have been asked to share this message from the League,

“Once again we had teething problems with the chip timing system at Warley Woods. We do not yet have an explanation from StuWeb as to the exact cause and nature of the problem but we know that the position slips issued on the day and the results on the StuWeb web are unreliable..

Using a combination of the chip timing "reads", the manual recording sheets and the finish line video we have created the results on the League web site at http://wmyaccl.com/Results. asp

We are confident that the positions are accurate but some of the times may be out. The League web site shows both the race results and the cumulative series positions after two matches.

We are working with StuWeb to resolve the technical glitches with the aim of a trouble free match at Perry Park in December."

For full results go to www.wmyaccl.com