Master Coopers In Action @ Nuneaton (09/06/2014)

Simon & Joanne Cooper were in action at the 2014 MMAC Track & Field Championships held in Nuneaton. Simon reports :-

"Today Joanne and Simon Cooper competed in the 2014 Masters Championships at Nuneaton, Joanne ran an excellent race in the W35 100m to finish 3rd an got the bronze running just 0.2 off her personal best, a good run after competing for the club in the senior meeting the day before.

I also ran in the M35 800m and won my race in 2 min 11sec in a very windy back straight, I ran 3 seconds faster than my previous 800m smashing my seasons best, so things are heading in the right direction on my come back from injury.

I would just like to thank Tom Holden and his lads for taking me into their group on Tuesdays, and Ray Farmer for letting me join his sprints group on Thursdays as all these lads have helped and supported me in the last few weeks.

Also could I please bring to attention of club athletes that if any one is second claim club to the "Midland Masters" we have our next Vets League meeting at Leamington Spa on Wednesday 25th of June if any one is interested could you please see myself for details to contact Tony Porter to get you added to the declaration sheet.

Regards, Simon Cooper"

Results Not Yet Available