Alsager 5 (07/02/2016)

Tom Holden writes,

Another week another race. This time it was back to the solid (comfort for me) surface of the roads in the little town of Alsager. It may be little but it attracted some big name internationals, including Jonny Taylor, Ian Hudspith, Pat Martin and Chris Parr. It also attracted a large contingent of Tipton boys. In very blustery conditions the pace was hot from the start and Ian Williams just missed hooking onto the front group and was left stranded, toiling into the wind. At about 2mile he was caught by a large group including Harvey Maguire and myself. He managed to hang onto the back and put recovered to beat both me and Harvey and finish 16th in 25:49. Harvey was 23rd in 26:11, me 25th in 26:18. Ad Soley had another solid outing with a 26:59 clocking. Dean Bate revelled on the roads with a 27:24. Barnsley ran 27:39 and Zab Hassan 30:30. This was the first race in the new Midlands Road Running Series and we finished 3,7,8,11,13,16 respectively. Unfortunately there's no team prize. There were also two other members of the Tipton training group up there, Joe Smith ran 25:54 and Stuart Hawkes (soon to join) ran 26:04.

Results