West Midlands Schools Cross Country (16/10/2016)

Mark Fantom reports from Sutton Park,

What a fantastic morning of racing at Sutton in West Mids qualifying!! Congratulations to all of you who did qualify there are so many I hope I don't miss anyone!!

First race year 7 girls Alex Westbury a super second followed by Navi and then Jess and Jade all qualified !! 4 girls all qualified!!

Year 7 boys Joe Lewis was a brilliant 5th and Kacper our sprinter was 13th so both lads to qualify!!

Year 8/9 girls and the run of the day for me Phoebe Clark 14th to qualify!! First year at this age !!

Year 8/9 boys saw another contender for run of the day Lynden Hunt finishing a fantastic 8th followed by Rubén ,Tom ,Dylan and Haydn super effort lads 5 qualified!

Year 10/11 girls was race of the day with Beth and Sav battling out for third and fourth place, Beth had a brilliant run to lead Sav for most of the race but Sav wasn't done and produced her trade mark steam train finish to pip Beth for third Rae came in a very good fifth place closely followed by Eve and Sarah !! 5 girls in top 15 all qualified!! Brilliant girls

Year 10/11 boys saw Jack Birch finish a brilliant 5th and Ben Prince a few places behind to also qualify a great effort after the injuries!

And to all the other runners today well done for qualifying to be there today, that's an achievement in itself keep training and your time will come!

Results